A warm cozy Tavern housed in an historic century-old building, the Tavern Uptown just celebrated it's 10 year anniversary in 2012. The Tavern Uptown is the place to enjoy lunch, happy hour or watch your favorite teams on the numerous HD TVs. Featuring a warm fireplace lounge area with comfortable seating and a large outdoor patio with full bar, everyone at Tavern Uptown can find a place to relax. Tavern Uptown has many unique options for private events and parties with two game rooms, a beautiful garden, koi pond and open or enclosed patio spaces.
Free parking for Tavern guests is available behind the building off of Pearl.
Tavern Uptown is located in Denver's Uptown on the Hill, the area bounded by Broadway, York, Colfax and 23rd Avenue. The structures in Uptown represent Denver's boom period from 1880 to 1893. During the late 1800s, the neighborhood's architecture was among Denver's most fashionable, with houses built primarily in the romantic Queen Anne style. Today, much of Uptown's impressive collection of single and multi-family structures remains as beautifully restored homes, offices, restaurants and entertainment facilities.
- Best Trivia Program - Westword Best of Denver 2013
- Best Happy Hour (Readers' Choice) - 5280's Top of the Town 2013
- Best Happy Hour (Readers' Choice) - 5280 Magazine's Top of the Town, 2011
- 2nd Place - Best Neighborhood Bar - ABC Channel 7's A-List, 2010
- Top Singles Hangout (Readers' Choice) - 5280's 2009 Top of the Town
- Top 3 - "Best Neighborhood Bar" - ABC Channel 7's A-List, 2008
- One of "The Best Bars in Denver" - 5280 Magazine, February 2008
- Top Fireside Haunts - The Denver Post, 2006
- Best Outdoor Bar - Westword
- Best Outdoor Bar - Citysearch, 2006
- Best Bowling Alley in a Bar - Westword, 2006
- Best Over-30 Singles Scene - Citysearch, 2006